Dental Implants – Virginia Beach, VA
Rebuild Your Smile from the Roots Up
If you lose one or more teeth today, you have many options for tooth replacement. There are dentures and dental bridges that rest on top of your gums and restore the function of your mouth, but they aren’t able to provide your jawbone with stimulation that the roots of your teeth once did. Dental implants, on the other hand, offer a replacement method that mimics nature’s perfect design with a comfortable and beautiful replacement tooth. They can restore anywhere from a single tooth to your entire smile, depending on your separate needs. For questions or to learn whether dental implants are the right solution for you, contact our office today to schedule an appointment with your dentist in Virginia Beach, Dr. Morgan.
Why Choose Carol Morgan, DDS For Dental Implants?
- Partnered with Trusted Oral Surgeons
- Skilled Dentist with 25+ Years of Experience
- Dental Insurance Welcome & Flexible Financing Available
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that’s inserted directly into the jawbone. The biocompatible titanium post fuses with the surrounding bone tissue via a natural process called osseointegration. Once it has successfully integrated, it’s used to support a new crown, bridge, or denture. Dental implants are considered the gold standard of tooth replacement because they’re designed to look, feel, and function just like real teeth!
The Dental Implant Process
We partner with a team of professionals who are specially trained and know how to precisely place your implants in your jawbone to take advantage of the greatest bone density. This way, you are able to enjoy greater stability from your implants. As the implant heals, your bone naturally fuses with the post creating a solid foundation. Once this process is complete, you’ll come into our office, and we’ll place the abutment, which is a small metal connector piece, on top of the implant to secure your dental crown, bridge, or denture.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have become one of the most popular methods of tooth replacement – and it’s easy to see why. They come highly recommended by professionals and patients alike because they offer a variety of unique benefits that traditional solutions (i.e., dental bridges and dentures) simply cannot provide. Not only are they aesthetically pleasing, but they have the potential to significantly improve your overall quality of life. Want to learn more about how they can boost your confidence and health? Simply click on the button below!
Many denture wearers believe that their prosthetic limits their ability to enjoy life to the fullest. Well, you don’t have to worry about that with dental implants! In fact, they allow you to live your day-to-day life with ease by providing the following benefits:
- Enhanced chewing and speaking ability. Since dental implants replace the entire structure of missing teeth from the root up to the chewing surface, they’re far more stable than traditional options. As a result, they can withstand the chewing of virtually any food.
- Increased confidence. Dental implants are firmly rooted in the jawbone, which means they’re less likely to shift or slip around your mouth. At social events, you can speak and smile confidently knowing your teeth won’t move out of place!
- Easier maintenance. Caring for dental implants is as easy as caring for natural teeth. You don’t have to purchase special products or incorporate complicated steps into your oral hygiene routine.
Beyond oral health, there are many benefits dental implants offer. Here are incredible health advantages you can enjoy:
- Prevent jawbone deterioration. Dental implants provide the jawbone with internal support, helping prevent the bone loss that’s common after tooth loss. It also helps maintain the face’s overall shape.
- Keep surrounding teeth from becoming misaligned. It’s common for teeth to shift towards the gap that’s left after tooth loss. With dental implants, every member of your smile can stay exactly where it belongs, so you don’t have to worry about your pearly whites shifting.
- Better overall health. Studies have discovered a correlation between tooth loss and an increased risk of several diseases. Because dental implants closely resemble natural teeth, it’s reasonable to believe that they can help lower such risks.
By choosing to replace the gaps in your smile with dental implants, you can look forward to many long-term benefits, such as:
- Long-lasting results. With proper care and maintenance, your dental implants can easily last over 35 years.
- Youthful appearance. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, helping prevent the sunken, aged look that often comes with tooth loss. They’ll help you maintain a youthful appearance for years to come!
- High success rate. Even years after they’ve been placed, dental implants have an incredible success rate of about 95 percent.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
The best way to learn whether you’re the right candidate for dental implants is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Morgan. During your visit, our team will examine your mouth and draw up a customized treatment plan for your needs. From there, we’ll discuss what type of restoration you require, pricing, and other details you’ll want to know.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
During your initial appointment, there are three important factors Dr. Morgan will look for:
- Good overall health (well enough for minor oral surgery)
- Excellent oral health (no underlying issues like cavities, decay, or gum disease)
- Sufficient jawbone density to support dental implants
If you don’t meet these requirements, that’s okay! You can undergo one or more preliminary treatments to get your smile ready for dental implants. Some common preparatory services include gum disease therapy, extractions, and bone grafting.
Missing 1 Tooth
To replace a single tooth, we’ll place one dental implant below the gumline that will fuse with your jawbone. Once the healing process is complete, we’ll place the abutment on it and secure your custom-crafted dental crown.
Missing Multiple Teeth
For one or more consecutive missing teeth, we can place two dental implants on either side of the gap in your smile. Instead of securing the dental bridge to your healthy teeth on either side, we’ll attach them directly to the implants.
Missing All Teeth
If you’re missing an entire arch of teeth, we can secure a denture to anywhere from four to eight implants, depending on your jawbone density. Because they’ll be attached to a stable foundation, you won’t need to worry about using denture adhesive or having them slip or shift in your mouth.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
During your initial consultation, our team will develop a treatment plan for you that will include the cost of your individualized procedure. Unfortunately, many dental insurance plans don’t cover the cost of this treatment because they still consider it to be “cosmetic”; however, it’s always a good idea to call and ask directly. We also offer additional financing through CareCredit and Lending Club as well.